Saber is known for its representation in complex class actions, and representative actions under the California Private Attorney General Act (PAGA). These types of actions exponentially increase the exposure faced by a client. An individual claim that might appear to be relatively small is amplified to action by large numbers of employees which can last up to four years.
Thus, Saber’s unique approach pays off. Firstly, early evaluation leads to the most effective strategy for quick resolution, whether summary judgment, defeating class certification, participating in early mediation, or going to trial.
Unlike many other law firms, Saber has the capacity to analyze, as well as conduct large-scale document collection, review and production in-house which is a cost-savings to clients. In addition, Saber’s approach ensures our attorneys are intimately aware of all of the details of the case and best positioned to successfully advocate for clients.
- Obtained favorable settlement prior to class certification on a class and Private Attorney General Act action relating to a novel pay averaging theory of unpaid wages claims, along with other pay stub and meal and rest period claims involving service technicians for nationwide specialty services cleaning company.
- Obtained dismissal of class claims and a nominal individual settlement on a class and Private Attorney General Action alleging missed meal and rest breaks, as well as resulting wage statement penalties following Plaintiff’s deposition at which we demonstrated Plaintiff was being untruthful for national janitorial services company.
- Obtained heavily discounted settlement of Private Attorney General Action alleging that the name of the employer on paystubs was incorrect for Fortune 400 client-- following protracted discovery practice in which our firm recovered $10,000 in sanctions against Plaintiff’s counsel.
- Represented janitorial services company in Labor Commissioner investigation launched following a PAGA letter—one of only a handful such investigations to date—resulting in a favorable settlement of citations and simultaneously secured dismissal of class claims in overlapping action.
- Successfully enforced arbitration agreement with a class action waiver in a putative class action resulting in dismissal of class claims for a nationwide automotive client.
- Enforced arbitration agreement and thereafter secured settlement of class claims in arbitration for trucking client in action involving misclassification claims.
- Successfully enforced arbitration agreement with a class action waiver in a putative class action and stayed PAGA action for automotive client.